A traffic collision that left a Los Angeles police officer injured shut down the connector between the eastbound 10 and the northbound 110 freeways Tuesday morning.
The Los Angeles Police Department officer was injured in a crash that called firefighters to the scene just before 8 a.m.
One person was transported to a hospital, Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Katherine Main said, though it wasn’t clear if that was the police officer.
LAFD email alerts reported a collision between a car and a motorcycle had occured in the area, and that the adult male rider of the motorcycle was transported in fair condition with non-life threatening injuries.
Local news from across Southern California
NBC4 was waiting to hear from LAPD regarding the condition of the officer.
The busy connecter southwest of downtown LA (map) was shut down at about 8 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol, which advised using Hoover Street to access the area.
View LAPD Officer Injured in Crash in a larger map
More Southern California Stories:
- $10K Reward Offered For ID of Carjacker
- Family Tied Up in OC Home Invasion: Victim
- Man Poses as Nurse, Steals Medical Supplies
- Silver Fire Reaches Full Containment
- Police Seek Up-Skirt Photographer in LA Mall
- "Factually Innocent" Teacher Fights For Career
- "Mega Mansions" Upset Beach Town Residents
- Dog-Walking Woman Attacked by Pit Bulls