Neighbors Rescue Man From Burning House

Neighbors come to the rescue of 90-year-old man

A 90-year-old man from Norwalk was rescued from a burning house when neighbors pulled the man to safety.

The man suffered smoke inhalation when a fire broke out about 1 a.m. inside his home at 12107 Lowemont Street, said sheriff's Sgt. Douglas Jensen of the Norwalk Station.

The man was taken to a hospital with stable vital signs, said Jensen. Authorities said a floor heater might have caused the blaze.

Initial reports indicated the man was 106 years old. Authorities later said the man is 90.


The Vancouver Winter Games are here!

Check out NBCLA's full coverage, complete with athlete profiles, amazing photo galleries, and more! Fan us on Facebook, and follow us via Twitter @NBCLosAngeles

Copyright CNS - City News Service
Contact Us