The winning numbers in the Powerball lottery drawing Saturday night were 21-24-36-42-45 with Powerball 15, however there were no winners.
The jackpot for the next drawing is now estimated at $400 million, according to Powerball officials. That would be worth more than $230 million before taxes if taken as a lump sum, according to NBC News.
The next drawing is scheduled for Wednesday night.
Lotto officials say the largest Lottery jackpot ever won was the $656 million Mega Millions prize won on March, 30, 2012. The cash option on that jackpot was $474 million.
In terms of the Powerball jackpot, a ticket worth $590.5 million was recently sold in Florida, the state with the most Powerball winners to date. Powerball is played in 43 states – including California – plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The first Powerball drawing in California was April 10. Californians bought a record number of tickets on the first day of sales in April, purchasing more than $3.1 million worth of tickets.
Local news from across Southern California
Each Powerball ticket costs $2. Powerball drawings are scheduled for every Wednesday and Saturday at 7:59 p.m. PT.
For more information about Powerball, click here.
More Southern California Stories:
- Powerball Jackpot Jumps to $400M
- Caught on Video: Supermarket Wall Collapses in Fire
- 8-Year-Old Dies After Drowning in Washer
- Newlywed "Robbed of Her Life" in Boardwalk Crash
- Missing Hikers Reported in Griffith Park
- French Cheese Recalled Due to Deadly Bacteria
- Venice Crash Prompts Calls for More Barriers
- Boardwalk Crash Victims Thankful to Be Alive