The winning numbers in the Powerball lottery drawing Saturday night were 21-24-36-42-45 with Powerball 15, however there were no winners.
The jackpot for the next drawing is now estimated at $400 million, according to Powerball officials. That would be worth more than $230 million before taxes if taken as a lump sum, according to NBC News.
Local news from across Southern California
The next drawing is scheduled for Wednesday night.
Lotto officials say the largest Lottery jackpot ever won was the $656 million Mega Millions prize won on March, 30, 2012. The cash option on that jackpot was $474 million.
In terms of the Powerball jackpot, a ticket worth $590.5 million was recently sold in Florida, the state with the most Powerball winners to date. Powerball is played in 43 states – including California – plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The first Powerball drawing in California was April 10. Californians bought a record number of tickets on the first day of sales in April, purchasing more than $3.1 million worth of tickets.
Each Powerball ticket costs $2. Powerball drawings are scheduled for every Wednesday and Saturday at 7:59 p.m. PT.
For more information about Powerball, click here.
More Southern California Stories:
- Powerball Jackpot Jumps to $400M
- Caught on Video: Supermarket Wall Collapses in Fire
- 8-Year-Old Dies After Drowning in Washer
- Newlywed "Robbed of Her Life" in Boardwalk Crash
- Missing Hikers Reported in Griffith Park
- French Cheese Recalled Due to Deadly Bacteria
- Venice Crash Prompts Calls for More Barriers
- Boardwalk Crash Victims Thankful to Be Alive