You may think that a trip to Alaska will make for a cold summer vacation, but Anchorage, the state’s largest city, offers a range of different activities for tourists to enjoy. Here are five reasons why you should consider booking your next flight to the Last Frontier state.
1. On the Summer Solstice, Anchorage will have sunlight for 22 hours.
2. A free community piano and mini-library will be open to the public in the town square for the entire summer.
U.S. & World
News from around the country and around the globe
3. The Anchorage museum hosts free lunch and activities on the lawn every Tuesday.
4. Peratrovich Park offers free concerts on select summer nights.
5. Best of all, the weather will reach its highest temperatures of above 65 degrees Fahrenheit between June and August.