Here are your Evening Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Chicago Blackhawks winger Adam Burish played the Steve Wilkos role on a Tuesday taping of "The Jerry Springer Show," attempting to keep the peace during girl-on-girl fights. "I did what made sense, grabbed their hands and tried to pull their hands off the others hair. However, when I finally pulled one of the girl's hands away she didn't let go and pulled the others wig right off her head and then threw it into the crowd." [Dropping the Gloves, via Deadspin]
Preview: Philadelphia Flyers at New Jersey Devils (7 p.m. EDT; TV: CSP, MSG). Is this the night the Flyers finally break
The Palin Curse through with a victory? Philly's defensive and goaltending woes have been well-documented, but are they also taking too many penalties? The Devils have won their last 12 home games against the Flyers, the longest active streak of its kind in the NHL. And over the course of two buildings, no less. Live-bloggin' fun at Hockey Prime Time tonight.
Preview: New York Rangers at Columbus Blue Jackets (7 p.m. EDT; TV: MSG, FSOH). Obviously, the intrigue here is a battle of players trying to outplay their old teammates, as Bethany explains: "Zherdev and Fritsche are going to want to put on a show for the home crowd, and Tyutin and Backman are going to try and keep the Rangers in check."
• You know who's probably thrilled about World Juniors coming to Buffalo? Toronto. [Mirtle]
• Leahy has a Tournament of Captains thing going on over on GFH. Is Vancouver even going to make it out of pool play? [Going Five Hole]
Preview: Anaheim Ducks at Ottawa Senators (7 p.m. EDT; TV: KDOC, RSN). Is there anything more beautiful than poetry, even when it's about the Ducks? And as much as Senators fans are bitter that their team is struggling, they are starting to come to grips with the fact that it may not have al been Ray Emery's fault.
Preview: Atlanta Thrashers at Detroit Red Wings (7:30 p.m. EDT; TV: SS, FSD). Playing the Red Wings makes you do wacky things, and Atlanta coach John Anderson is no exception after refusing to reveal his lineup for tonight's game after the pregame skate. While the focus is on Marian Hossa facing the Thrashers, it's also Mathieu Schneider's first game in Motown with Atlanta, and he's got nothing but respect for Detroit fans.
Preview: San Jose Sharks at Florida Panthers (7:30 p.m. EDT; TV: CSBA, FSFL). Some injury worries for the Sharks about Joe Thornton, but the big guy should be in action tonight against the Panthers. Thomas Vokoun should be in goal for Florida.
Preview: Los Angeles Kings at St. Louis Blues (8:30 p.m. EDT; TV: FSW, FSMW). Good to see that the Kings still get top billing over Sarah Palin. Oh, and the Blues fans seem a tad conflicted on this whole Palin puck drop thing. This one is sort of clever.
• Razor on Alexander Ovechkin coming to Dallas for a game: "The guy who looks as though he was chiseled out of a glacier, had a little 'manscaping' done and then was taught to speak broken English will bring his bag of testosterone to AAC on Saturday and it will be delicious." [Razor with an Edge]
• Finally, the weather is turning cooler. This demands Dallas Stars Ice Girls frolicking on a boat: