Target is poised to settle a class-action lawsuit filed following the retailer's massive data breach in 2013, according to court documents filed Wednesday in Minnesota.
Link: Target Data Breach FAQ
A $10 million dollar fund will be established for victims of the breach, and people hoping to claim must be able to prove they have experienced at least one of the following:
- Unauthorized, unreimbursed charges on their credit or debit card
- Time spent addressing those charges
- Fees to hire someone to correct their credit report
- Higher interest rates or fees on the accounts
- Credit-related costs
- Costs to replace their identification, Social Security number or phone number
Victims will also have to prove they used a credit or debit card at any U.S. Target store, excluding the Target.com website, between Nov. 27, 2013 through Dec. 18, 2013.