There are several LA things in this story.
The headline is that The Go-Go's are holding a T-shirt-design contest. They want a fan to make the new tee for the group's upcoming Happily Ever After tour. Contest opens on Thursday, May 27 and closes on Thursday, June 17. There are details, so read 'em all. And best follow Jane Wiedlin on Twitter, while you're at it (Ms. Wiedlin tipped us).
And now why this is all very LA to us:
- The Go-Go's. One of the great local bands. Yes, they're world-famous, but when you watch the video for "Our Lips Are Sealed," it is sort of like drinking a tall glass of refreshing LA that's been put through some sort of LA juicing machine.
- T-shirts. We all wear 'em here. Expensive or homemade, they're a sartorial staple.
- Contests. Don't people come from all over to be winners in Los Angeles? Yes. We all want to be a winner.
- Design. Our own city is an art capital. Inspiration everywhere. What would you put on a Go-Go's concert shirt?
- Loving on the fans. Since so many headliners emerge from Los Angeles, we're well-schooled in the arts of fandom. And entertainers and fans are neighbors here. There's a huge nice synergy. Thanks, Go-Go's, for loving on the fans.