ASIAN CHICKEN IN LETTUCE CUPS
1 head romaine lettuce
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. canola oil
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 Tbsp. ginger, chopped
1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 lb. chicken thighs, ¼-inch diced
3 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
2 cups brown rice
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded carrot
1. Wash lettuce and separate leaves, dry with paper towels and place in large zip lock bag. Refrigerate.
2. In small bowl, mix cornstarch with cold water and set aside.
3. Heat canola oil and sesame oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add diced chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add cornstarch mixture, soy sauce, hoisin, Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add cilantro and remove from heat.
6. To serve: spoon rice and chicken mixture into each lettuce cup, top with shredded carrot and green onion.
Calories per serving: 425
Calories equivalent: 4 oz. protein, 1 carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat