Gonpachi Roll Ingredients:
- shrimp tempura 2 pieces
- spicy tuna mix (chunky tuna, thinly sliced green onions, masago (smelt egg), spicy mayo
- crab meat mix (crab meat, Japanese mayo)
- sushi rice
- Nori (dry seaweed sheets and finely cut strips)
- sesame seeds
- sliced tuna
- sliced yellowtail
- wasabi mayo
- red wine aoli
- eel sauce
- fried onions
1) Deep fry the shrimp tempura (if not store bought)
2) Make spicy tuna mix (see ingredients above)
3) Make crab meat (see ingredients above)
4) Spread sushi rice on a half sheet of dried seaweed.
5) Sprinkle sesame seeds on rice, then flip seaweed over.
6) Lay spicy tuna, crab mix, shrimp tempura on seaweed.
7) Roll up the seaweed with ingredients. Tighten with sushi mat.
8) Lay sliced tuna, yellowtail, and avocado in order on top of sushi roll.
9) Lay saran wrap an top of roll to cover (so items don't stick on knife when cutting), tighten again with sushi mat, then with a wet knife cut into 8 pieces.
10) Drizzle sauces on top (wasabi mayo, red wine aoli, eel sauce)
11) Add fried onion and strips of dry seaweed on top.