Two days of record temperatures are expected to give way to cooler conditions Friday and into the weekend.
Weather Page: Extended Forecast, Heat Map
Some areas on Friday will see temperatures more than 10 degrees lower than Thursday. Another drop -- about 19 degrees in some communities -- is in Saturday's forecast.
But that's after another day of wind and heat Thursday from inland areas to the beach.
The National Weather Service's forecasted highs for Thursday and Friday
- Mount Wilson: 81 Thursday, 80 Friday
- LAX: 82 Thursday, 77 Friday
- Newport Beach: 83 Thursday, 74 Friday
- Avalon: 84 Thursday, 78 Friday
- Palmdale: 92 Thursday, 93 Friday
- Lancaster: 93 Thursday and Friday
- Newhall: 96 Thursday, 97 Friday
- Downtown LA: 98 Thursday, 87 Friday
- San Gabriel: 99 Thursday, 91 Friday
- Burbank: 99 Thursday, 92 Friday
- Long Beach: 99 Thursday, 85 Friday
- Pasadena: 100 Thursday, 93 Friday
- Woodland Hills: 101 Thursday, 96 Friday
- Anaheim: 103 Thursday, 90 Friday
On Wednesday, the high of 99 in downtown tied the record for a Oct. 12 set in 1950, while in Long Beach the high of 102 broke the old record of 96 set in 1963.