It took nearly 100 firefighters less than an hour to extinguish a blaze that erupted behind a home, yards away from a shopping center in Atwater Village, authorities said.
Some 91 firefighters responded about 8:40 p.m. to 3533 Glenhurst Ave. to battle the flames behind what appears to be a shopping plaza housing a Subway restaurant and other shops, according to a spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Within 40 minutes, the fire was knocked down. No injuries were reported.
The fire torched an unattached garage and several cars in the backyard of a home.
An earlier report from the fire department located the blaze at 3110 Glendale Blvd., but that information was later revised.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More Southern California Stories:
- After Cougar Kills Dog, Owner Calls Community Meeting
- Baby Jesus Stolen From Nativity
- Wind Topples 18-Wheelers
- Amber Alert Canceled for Wash. Teen
- "A Christmas Story" in Pasadena
- Cinefamily's Live 24-Hour Telethon
- 2 Charged in Walker Wreck Theft
- NBC4 Awards $200K to 3 Nonprofits