A woman in her early 20s was stabbed to death Thursday night at an apartment complex in Hawthorne.
Investigators responded to the location in the 4800 block of West 118th Street at about 7:30 p.m. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's mother called Hawthorne police to report she had found her daughter unresponsive inside an apartment.
The victim's step-father is wanted for questioning in connection with the attack, according to police.
"She was too young to go," said Camille Holly, a friend of the victim's.
No arrests have been reported.
More Southern California Stories:
- Residents Fear Privacy Breech With New 405 Ramp
- Detecting Trapped Victims May Be Only Heartbeat Away
- Fire Rips Through Beverly Hills Home
- Model "Felt Violated" by Upskirt
- Roller Coasters Across America
- Slain Dodgers Fan Was Celebrating Dad's Birthday
- NBC's Hot New Fall Shows
- NBC Fall Primetime Preview