Southern California families waiting to hear from loved ones in the Philippines after one of the strongest storms on record ripped through the island nation have several resources available to help them find their relatives.
Here is a list of ways Filipinos living in the U.S. can connect with their family members:
- “People Finder” operated by Philippine Red Cross
- Restoring Family Links
- Call American Red Cross of Los Angeles at 310-445-9900 or email IntlTracing@arcla.org
- Share information about your efforts to organize or fundraise for typhoon survivors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for details on how you can help the millions of typhoon survivors who have been displaced and are in feed of clean drinking water and food.
More Stories From NBCLA.com:
- Banjos Out: LBC Folk Revival Fest
- Jogger Finds Body in Irvine
- Transformed Lot Gives Students First Recess in Park
- Lakers 320-Game Sellout Streak Over
- New Moms Turn to Placenta Pills
- Sketch of Attempted Kidnapper
- Raiders Great Todd Christensen Dies
- 4 Marines Killed Training in Calif.
- 3 Workers Burned at Tesla Plant
- Remains of Multiple People Found
- Man Mistakes Gun for Lighter: Police