A pair of fires were burning in the Cajon Pass between San Bernardino and Victorville on Saturday, prompting the evacuations of at least two businesses, authorities said.
The fires were both charring brush along Interstate 15, causing temporary closures of Interstate 15's northbound lanes and of Highway 138 between I-15 and Summit Valley Road in Hesperia, according to the U.S. Forest Service. Lanes reopened shortly before 8 p.m., officials said.
The fires burned about 110 acres and forced the evacuations of a McDonalds restaurant and a Chevron gas station in Phelan (map), officials said.
Some 425 firefighters had the blazes 10 percent contained at 8:20 p.m., according to the U.S. Forest Service.
The fires began about 5:30 p.m. and had burned at up to 150 acres. The cause remained under investigation.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- SoCal Sunrises & Sunsets
- Fatal Crash Shuts Main LA-to-Vegas Route
- Uncle Stunned Over Nephew's Slaying
- More Alleged Victims of Church Usher Sought
- SoCal Church Joins Lawsuit Against NSA
- Body Found on Hiking Trail
- Jackie Robinson Stadium May Have to Move