Police arrested two hit-and-run suspects in unrelated crashes across Southern California that killed one man and left five others injured Saturday night.
A three-car crash left a man dead after one of the cars jumped a curb and rammed into four pedestrians near Cashio Street and La Cienega Boulevard in Beverlywood, adjacent to Beverly Hills.
Police said the car was speeding when it crashed and careened into another car, causing a ricochet into four pedestrians, said LAPD Officer Rolando Solano.
The driver who caused the crash ran away before eventually being arrested.
In an unrelated hit-and-run, police arrested Jerome Bowen, 21, of Fontana, after he allegedly struck a group of people with his car in Irvine after he was kicked out of a party due to fighting, police said.
Three people were hit. None of the injuries were considered life threatening.
More Southern California Stories:
- Body Found at Park ID'd as 21-Year-Old
- Funeral for Arizona Firefighter Kevin Woyjeck
- Deputy "Ambushed" in San Bernardino Shooting
- Mountain Fire Burns Near Idyllwild
- Ariz. Firefighter Remembered as "Proud Protector"
- 7 Injured, 1 Child Dead in Azusa Crash
- Arrests After Violence Mars LA Protest