Do you wonder what the celebs will be eating at Governor's Ball post-Oscars? Here is the recipe courtesy Wolfgang Puck.
- 1/4 red pepper, small dice
- 1/4 yellow pepper, small dice
- 1 scallion, whites sliced very thin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 red onion
Place all ingredients into a sauté pan and cook slowly until it has cooked down. It should begin to blend together almost forming a paste.
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 1/2 pound corn
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 cup of canned plum tomatoes
- 3 scallions
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flake
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
Add enough water to cover all vegetables in the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fava beans
- Haricots vert
- Diced leeks
- English peas
- Chopped parsley
- Blanch all vegetables in the vegetable stock.
Strain the vegetable stock and add Sofrito to make the rice.
Using 2 ounces long grain rice and 4 ounces paella stock per single serving, cook for 15 to 17 minutes at 375 degrees F. inside the oven. When cooked, let the paella rest for 5 minutes before serving. To finish the dish, cover with the blanched vegetables.
Published at 7:54 AM PST on Feb 27, 2011 | Updated at 12:45 PM PST on Feb 27, 2011