Want to hit the beach this Memorial Day weekend and swim in clean water?
Most places get a passing grade but a few are on the gross list.
Seven percent of L.A. county beaches earned A or B grades, but the rest didn't do so well. In fact, six of the top 10 dirtiest beaches are there. What does that mean? They got F grades year round.
Check out the list:
1. Avalon Harbor Beach on Catalina Island
2. Cabrillo Beach harborside
Get Los Angeles's latest local news on crime, entertainment, weather, schools, COVID, cost of living and more. Here's your go-to source for today's LA news.
3. Pismo Beach Pier
4. Colorado Lagoon
5. Santa Monica Municipal Pier
6. City of Long Beach at LA River outlet
7. Poche Beach
8. Surfrider Beach at Malibu Creek
9. Campbell Cove State Park Beach
10. Doheny Beach at San Juan Creek
Santa Monica's ranking got a little better this year, so that's good. On the downside, Malibu made the top-10 worst list this year.
There is some good news to report: Orange County beaches in general scored very high. In fact, most O.C. beaches received grades that were well above the state average.
Guess the O.C. is the place to be.