A 24-year-old father from Oxnard was arrested in connection with physically abusing his 8-month-old daughter, police said.
Joel Alejandro Soto was booked into a Ventura County jail on felony child abuse charges, according to a police press release and Ventura jail records online.
Police learned about the case, they said, when they got information that Soto’s 8-month-old daughter had been hurt by her father.
She was treated at a hospital for wounds to her head, face and leg. Her condition was not known on Sunday.
More Southern California Stories:
- Concerts to Shut Down Hollywood Blvd.
- Fatal Crash Victims ID'd
- Officer Killed in Crash Was "Nicest Guy"
- Body Found in Stranger's Backyard
- Rampage Killer's Mom Acquitted in Hit-And-Run
- Parents Sue Over Water Tank Death
- New Push to Repeal Transgender Law
- 2 Dead in Long Beach Shooting