Police are seeking the public's help to identify additional victims of a sexual assault suspect believed to have preyed on young males in the Los Angeles area.
The public plea for help is connected to the arrest of John Everett Perry, 34, believed responsible for the sexual assaults of at least two young males, police said.
Police said he allegedly approached a 15-year-old boy in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles and asked him if he was interested in modeling.
When the victim expressed an interest, the suspect lured him into his vehicle, where he allegedly sexually assaulted him, police said. The victim reported the incident to police.
About 45 minutes later, Perry was in a Los Feliz Starbucks, where he approached a second male, officials said.
In this incident, Perry represented himself as a fashion photographer and lured the victim to a nearby bathroom, where he allegedly sexually assaulted him, authorities said.
Police arrested Perry on Wednesday in the Palm Springs area. He was being held at the Los Angeles County Jail with bail set at $75,000, according to online jail records. His next court date was set for Oct. 21.
Anyone with information was asked to call LAPD Northeast Area Sexual Assault Detective Gomez or Detective Salazar at (323) 344-5742. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477).
More Southern California Stories:
- Fire Threat Up During "Red Flag" Warning
- Scientist Helps Bring Church "Music for the Angels"
- Gambler Charged With Cheating SoCal Casino
- Navy Siblings Reunited After 30 Years Apart
- Kershaw, Dodgers Dominate Rockies 11-0
- Quake Scientist Brings Pasadena "Music for the Angels"
- Hero Dogs, Celeb Pups, and Wiggle-Wagglers
- 5 Dead After Fiery Burbank Crash