A man changing his car's flat tire on the side of an Anaheim highway was killed Thursday night after being hit by another driver, authorities said.
The man pulled the Toyota SUV onto the shoulder of the southbound 5 Freeway between Orangewood Avenue and State College Boulevard in Anaheim to change a flat tire about 9:30 p.m., California Highway Patrol Sgt. Brian Demattia said.
While he was outside of the SUV, a two-door Lexus tried to exit the freeway at the last minute and collided into the SUV, pinning the victim underneath the Lexus, Demattia said.
The Lexus was traveling at a "high rate of speed," he said.
Three lanes remained closed for a few hours Friday morning while the coronor removed the body, according to the CHP.
Three others were taken to UC Irvine Medical Center, officials said.
Additional details were not immediately available.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Driver Surrenders to End Chase
- 18-Year-Old Wanted in Fontana Slaying
- Dust Storm Alerts Startle SE CA
- Person of Interest in Clerk's Killing
- Bus Crash: Company Had Safety Violations
- Dozens Injured in Irwindale Bus Crash
- Dozens Injured in Tour Bus Crash
- 101 Freeway Reopens After Bomb Squad Investigation