A former accountant for a Southern California school district accused of stealing thousands of dollars in student lunch money was seen on video surveillance stuffing cash into her bra.
A search warrant affidavit said Rialto Unified accountant Judith Oakes was seen hiding money in her bra on at least two occasions, according to the San Bernardino County Sun.
The 48-year-old former accountant for the district's nutrition services department was arrested Aug. 8 on suspicion of grand theft, embezzlement and burglary. She resigned a day later.
Rialto schools funneled thousands of dollars in student lunch money to Oakes daily for deposit into the district's bank account.
The affidavit say bank deposit slips show a discrepancy of $2,000 dating back to June.
More Southern California Stories:
- Man Will Be Tried in Woman’s Slaying
- $50K Reward in Deadly Hit-And-Run
- Fundraiser Held for Girl, 4, Killed in Motorcycle Wreck
- Anti-War Protests Erupt in LA
- Power Outages Hit Thousands
- Child Prostitutes Rescued in Sex Trafficking Case
- Man Jailed in Woman's Freeway Death
- DUI Arrests in LA Jump 12%